January Joys

I guess I haven't had much to write about lately or have just been too in over my head with everything to write things down.  Or have too many of those "Is it 6:30pm yet so my kids can just go to bed so I can relax and do four loads of laundry, pack their bags for morning, crochet two more hats, and finish watching a tv show all at the same time??!!!!" moments.  Yes, that's what it's been.

Julia has decided that it's super fun to scream at the top of her lungs in the middle of the night.  There are no quiet warnings with coos or ba-ba's.  Just a great big scream and two very jumpy parents who are dashing down the halls trying to get to her so she doesn't wake Riley.  We're going on four nights now of interrupted sleep.  Last night she woke up at 3am and we dashed in there (not because we were worried, but to keep Riley from waking).  I picked her up and she started laughing.  Not a little laugh, but a hearty "haha - I yelled and you came.  I win" laugh.  So I held her for a few minutes and seeing that she was just wide awake, I laid her back down so I could sleep.  Thankfully, she actually fell asleep too.  Still trying to figure out how to get her not to yell like this, but how in the world do you make that apparent to a ten month old?

As for Riley, she's just growing so much.  She told me yesterday that I am the best Mommy she never had.  I'm going to assume she meant I'm the best Mommy she ever had.  She has also said the same to Jeremy.

She has been having some time to herself in the playroom when we first get home which has really seemed to help.  She plays games or does puzzles and seems to really enjoy some time to herself before Julia and I come in and take over.

Tonight she was working on a puzzle and we finished it together.  Then she told me she wanted to do it by herself so I started to go help with Jules, but then she said "Well, maybe I want you to help me.  Because friends do that.  They help each other."  So we did the puzzle together again.  Loved that she wanted to do it with me and I loved watching her work through it as she did it and I simply gave a little guidance.

Well, now that I've just finished putting Riley to bed and finished writing this little blog, Julia is now crying.  So off I go!

Comments

Popular Posts