Ringing in the New Year with a Bang

Crash!  Boom!  Bang!  The New Year is here.  Which means it was time for us to put up our Christmas tree.  I wasn't too excited this morning.  In fact, I'm downright crabby.  With very little sleep and a very early wake up call from a toddler who went to bed super late, I was just not in the mood for much of anything.  Totally sad to leave my girls on Monday.  So I thought it'd be a good idea to put the decorations away.  Being that it was Julia's naptime and the only time she wouldn't try to "help," it was the right time to get started.

So with Riley singing "Santa Claus is coming to Town" in her country-twang sort of way (where did she get that from?)  and dancing her way through the room as she took off the ornaments, we put them in their boxes.  I decided to tape the sides of the box of glass ornaments in hopes it would keep it sealed better.  The box was on top of a chair to make it easier.  As soon as I was done, I walked away and brushed the side of the box.  Only to feel it lean over, tip and crash to the floor - letting all the glass ornaments hit the hardwood floors in the foyer and break into a million tiny pieces.

Yes - the New Year started with a bang.  And a lot of extra clean-up.  It can only get better from here, right?!   

Comments

Popular Posts