One of those days

Started my day with two crying girls - one who didn't like the way her pants fit (too tight here, too loose there - and I'm talking about my three year old, not me) and another who just likes to scream and yell because she thinks it's funny (again - not me).

Then went to work where I opened car doors in windy weather for twenty minutes before heading straight to my room to prep, for all of five minutes, for my fifth graders to arrive.  Spent my day with 140+ students followed by 45 minutes with the yarn club kids and then had a talk with my boss.  Not a negative talk necessarily, but a talk nonetheless.

Picked up my girls and listened to them squeal and yell and cry again the car on the way home.  We then went to the playroom upstairs where they could get out the rest of their noise and energy.  Thank God for this room - not sure what I'd do without it.

When I came home, the first thing I noticed was our roof.  The roof is missing shingles.  Rain is continuing to come down.  Wind continued to howl.  So more shingles fell from the roof.  Just thankful that no rain actually entered inside the house.

Then I opened the mail to find a letter from the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts.  It states the following:

"In our ongoing efforts to ensure the highest level of security and prevent identity theft...."

Ahem.  Excuse me?  Efforts?  Where were those efforts when my information was potentially leaked?  Sorry -had to get that out.  It continues on...

"We want to make you aware of an exposure of personal information that may affect you... We sincerely regret that this incident occurred.  Thank you for your shared vigilance at a time when the potential for cyber crime remains a great threat."

So it appear that my information may have been linked - SS#, address, birthdate, full name, - you name it, it's out there.  Though it is probably easier to find this information on the web than I am really aware of.  Just a pain when it is the TWC, TRS and ERS leaking it for me.  Argh....  seriously not a great start to the week.

Comments

Popular Posts