Funny Things Happen At Night

Riley came home with a fever yesterday from school.  Jeremy and I talked about what to do and I took the day off.  This makes 14 days off this year.  Only one day off was when I wasn't feeling well.  The other 13 were for sick kids.

Riley woke me up a little before 3am this morning.  She said her feet and head hurt.  Despite having Advil earlier in the night, she was burning up.  So I got her some Tylenol and then we went and lay down in her bed together.  She says the funniest things in the middle of the night. Or I should say all night long as we ended up staying up until 5:30am.  She then got an hour and a half of sleep and I had thirty minutes.  Our time was mostly spent with her telling stories and asking me to add.

R:  Mom, What is .... umm.... 2 plus 2?
M:  It's 4!
R:  Very good, Mom.  What is 5 plus 5?
M:  20?
R:  No Mom.  It's only ten.  Ok - what is 3 plus 6?
M:  9
R:  Great Mom.  Ok.  You're doing a great job on these.  I need to make these harder for you.  What is 32 plus 32?
M:  64.
R:  Wow.  Great!!

While putting her to bed last night, Riley asked me if girls who have fevers like this need to take off school for one hundred years.  Then she asked me to look it up online.  After asking me to count repeatedly, she then said:

R:  So did you look it up online?
M:  Look up what?
R:  If I will have to be off school for a hundred years with this fever.
M:  Oh I looked it up.  You only have to be off school for as long as you have the fever.
R:  I don't like the fever.
M:  Me either.  But it is your bodies way of heating up so that it can kill off the germs.
R:  I'll think of a gun story.  Guns shoot out nets I think.  Mom, Once when I had bald head, I was sick and sat on Grandpa's lap and watched movies.
M:  Yes you did!
R:  I know I did.  I had bald head for a few years until I was two or something.  Then when I was three I had hair.

Comments

Popular Posts