A Girl Who Knows What She Wants

Riley told us yesterday that she really wanted to go to school.  We thought she'd wake up and just stay home.  That it was something she wanted to do, but just for the moment.  We should have known better!

So this morning when Riley woke up, she immediately picked out her uniform, put it on, got her shoes and socks, picked up the bag with leftover pancakes in it and put on her backpack.  She goes "Mom, I'm ready for school now!"  I asked her if she really wanted to go.  She said that "Yes, I want to go to school so I can do my work and see my friends."  She was very excited to go.  Then I asked "Don't you want to stay home with me?"

Riley says "I do, but I really want to go to school.  How about I go to school in the morning so I can be with my friends and do my work and then you can pick me up before naptime and I can spend the afternoon with you?"

She was so excited to go and I didn't want to say "No!  You can't go to school!"  So of course she went and spent about three and a half hours at school.  Jules and I went to Walmart and she was so cute.  THe cash register lady got a kick out of her as she kept asking "Where did da baby go??"

Then we picked Riley up from school.  She learned about her five senses and came home telling us all about them.  Then we spent the afternoon "yarning" and playing with blocks, dinosaurs and little people.

Riley really wanted to learn how to "yarn" today so I decided to try to show her how to create chains with a crochet hook.  She loved it!!  And took to it quite easily.  She made a long enough link of chains that she made a belt for herself.  So we cut it and then went to playing with the other things.

Later in the afternoon, we went to Home Depot.  WPEQ1!PQ)#49z(454'Z(45'  (that was Julia typing)  :)

We got some flowers and put them in the pots out front.  Riley picked out the colors - purple and pink.  Then I put out three bags of mulch while the girls played and Julia sat in the stroller.

Madi and Riley went across the street and got to play with Brooke and Turner.  Then Brooke and Turner came over and played upstairs.  The girls had an awesome dinner with lots of fruit!  Now onto starting nighttime!

Comments

Popular Posts