My Parents Rock

Today was fabulous.  I had a piano student this morning, walked her out and looked at our grass and realized it needed to be mowed.  And now.  We had rain coming in this weekend and it was looking as though it'd start anytime.  So I turned to Jeremy and said "I'm getting changed and mowing the lawn."  He was like "Um.  Ok!"

It started sprinkling so I hustled and finished quickly.  Amazing how fast a power mower can move when you're determined :)  And then no rain came.  But with 80% chance tomorrow, it's possible and likely we'll have rain then.

Jeremy and Madi went down to his office at 10am and returned late tonight around 8:30pm.  He got a bunch of work done and she got to play games.

The girls and I played downstairs and rocked out to Pandora.  Love Pandora.  We listened to a Disney mix.  Julia asked us all to dance.  So we slow danced to Beauty and the Beast and then jumped around to the fast songs.

My parents came over after the girls had lunch and spent time playing with them.  It's always so cute to see them yell "Grandpa!  Grandma!  Bapah!  Bamma!" and then run over to them as though they hadn't seen them in years.

They took Riley with them to play some more at their house and I put Julia down for her nap.  She went so easy since it was 2pm and she normally takes a nap at 12:30.  And then I had downtime.  Wow.  That was incredible.  And I slept through it all.  Best choice ever.

After an hour and a half, Jeremy called, woke me and I heard Jules.  So I got her up and we drove to my parents house.  Then went to Buca Di Beppo for dinner.

The girls were fabulous!!  Julia sat through the entire meal.  Riley colored tons and both ate really well.  They were very well mannered.  Well, for the most part.  Julia let out a toot and announced by pointing to her bum "I farted" so that the manager knew.  And Riley pointed to the statue of David and said she liked statues except that he had poop on him.  I didn't feel like explaining what that body part really is.  That is for another day and another year... many years from now and not in a restaurant.

As we were leaving Buca, I realized that I could either go grocery shopping tomorrow in the rain or get the main items tonight in hopes of making it through the week.  I mentioned that I thought I'd take the girls to Walmart.  My dad said they'd be happy to go with us and help with the girls.  I told him it was fine - I'm used to going with them and they were well-fed and rested.  But he said they'd be glad to help. I hadn't thought about it, but it would have been really helpful.  So I took them up on it.  And the trip went fast and easy.  We didn't take long and then I dropped them off at their house and drove to our house to put the girls down.

I'm so incredibly thankful for my parents.  They love our girls.  And they love us.  I was so incredibly thankful tonight for their help and their above-and-beyond attitudes of helping us with grocery shopping and dinner and keeping Riley for a few hours.  It's true that you never realize what your parents did for you until you become a parent.  And even now, they still give so much.  So thankful.

Comments

  1. awww, we're crazy about all of you!! What's not to love? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts