It's the Little Things

I tucked Julia into bed tonight and thought about our nightly routine.  How simple it is:  books, prayer, songs, cuddle time, tuck-in.  And how incredibly special it is every night we do it.

There is so much repetition to it.  Without fail, Julia always wants us to sing "Happy B'day to you!"  And then she names everything we need should sing happy birthday to.  "Sing Bapah! (grandpa)  Sing to Ryee (Riley)!  Sing doohh (door)!  Sing to doggie!"  So we sing the song over  and over.  Then she loves to hear "Twinkle Star."  Sometimes she'll even sit up in my arms and say "No sing!!"  And put her finger to my mouth.  And then start to laugh hysterically!

Every night the same motorcycle comes down our street.  Julia LOVES motorcycles!!  Gets very excited whenever she hears one or sees one.  So she sits up and says "Where motorcycle go?"  If we repeat the question to make sure we understood what she is saying, she will say "I don't know!"

As soon as she is tucked in, I rub her back.  And every night she asks me "Get in, Mommy!"  I always pretend to try to get my leg over her crib and say "I'm too big, Juju!"  And then she laughs.

I love the little things.  And I will very much miss them as she grows.

Comments

Popular Posts