Mother's Day

I woke up to find Riley and Jeremy sitting at the edge of the bed.  This is a rarity as I'm usually the first one up!  They were both smiling and Riley sweetly said "Happy Mother's Day!"  They had two cards for me.  One was from the kids.  Riley signed her name and Julia's name and Madi had written "I love you Aunt Jess!"  Then the next card was from Jeremy with two birds on it and it sang the song "I got you babe."  Was very sweet.

I went downstairs to find Jeremy setting a brand new picture frame above our fireplace.  We just had family photos taken and he knew I was hoping to have some of them enlarged to put around the house.  So excited!!!  Was a wonderful gift.

We all went to church this morning and it was a really great service.  Then we came home only to turn around to take the van in to get an oil change.  Then finally arrived at home to stay.  I put Jules down while Jeremy put Riley's ceiling fan in.  Then went to work at making some American Girl doll clothes.  Only with two girls around you constantly, asking questions and talking and moving around and such, it took me an hour to make a shirt.  Argh... the pattern was written horribly!  Thankfully it came out really great and fits her doll perfectly!!

Once Jules woke up, Jeremy put in Julia's new ceiling fan.  Then we all met my mom at Buca for dinner.  We got to sit at the chef table to watch them prepare the food.  Jules loved seeing the fire and kept saying "Uncle Jim!!"  whenever she'd see him come over.  He was the Expo tonight.  In other words, he yelled at the cooks as to what they are supposed to make :)  He did an awesome job!

My mom had spent her Mother's Day making outfits for the girl's dolls.  They have matching cheetah print pants with rick rack at the bottom.  Riley's doll has a black tshirt with cheetah print pocket and Madi's doll has a cheetah print top.  Madi created a little arrow and bow set.  Looks awesome!!


Comments

Popular Posts