Heading to Bermuda


As the ship cast off, Jeremy and I went up to the top deck by the pool and joined Jon, Allison, Michelle and her husband for some deck time.  There was loud music, dancing, swimming.  My parents had Riley in their room and she was having a blast looking out at the sea and playing in the bedroom.  The ship backed up very slowly, then went forward.  It was incredible watching Boston become smaller, seeing the rain coming down on the city and the large lightning.  We had very little rain as we left and it felt great.

Then we walked around the ship for a while and went to our room.  We ate dinner with everybody at the Venetian Dining Room.  At the end of the dining room, there is a huge wall of windows that allow you to see out of the ship.  It’s amazing!  The food was wonderful.  Riley really wanted to wear her fancy dress to dinner so she got it out and put it on.  She was disappointed that we weren’t dressing up for dinner.  So we’ll do that tomorrow.  Riley got tired of sitting so I took her back to our room and we looked over the kid’s activities and circled some that she was interested in.  She doesn’t have to do them, but if she wants to, then great!  We sat on the balcony for a little while and she jumped on the bed some.

My parents took Riley for the night in their room..  She had a little table by the side of the bed where she put her water.  She wanted the curtains drawn closed so that it was dark, but had it a little open so there was a little bit of light.  In the middle of the night, my mom heard some thunking.  She looked down to see Riley on the floor fast asleep.  She’d fallen out of the bed.  So my mom put her back in her bed – she didn’t wake up and doesn’t even remember it – and then my mom slept with her.  Riley took a swig of water and clung to it.  Later in the night, there was another thunk and Riley had dropped the bottle to the floor.

Jeremy and I went walking around the ship some more and I got some medicine as I was losing my voice and had bad congestion in my chest.  It worked awesome and got some gunk out which has helped a lot!   

Comments

Popular Posts