Jumpstreet and Hawaiian Falls

5:30am wake-up call.  Riley is officially still on Bermuda time as she always woke up at 7:30 there which is... you guessed it - 5:30am here.  So an early start, but everyone in great moods.  The three of us went to get Julia and she was so surprised it was us.  She jumped up and down and screamed and cried.  Looked terrified.  Thinking she was thinking Lauren was still here!

Jeremy went into work today so it was just me and the girls.  We had tons of time in the playroom all morning.  Played hide and seek.  Love to hide with Jules - she giggles and giggles.  And if Riley walked past us, she'd point and say "There is Riley!"  The girls were very sweet to each other.  Though sharing is still difficult.  Heard "Dat is mine!"  and "No Riley!"  several times today.  Riley told me yesterday:  "I love Julia!  I love sharing with her.  I love caring with her.  I love giving things I don't want anymore to others."  :)

This afternoon Riley had her friend Parker's party at JumpStreet.  It is this indoor trampoline place with bounce houses and tons and tons of trampolines.  As Jeremy was at work, I had to figure out how to give Julia her nap and allow Riley some down time and still make it to the party at 3pm which is right in the middle of nap time.  Riley did not want to rest, but I could tell she was exhausted.  So after I put Julia down for her nap, I went to bed and told Riley she could stay with me or play in her room.  She chose to stay with me, but didn't like the books I had set out for her so she pouted and took a pillow and blanket on the floor.  And fell asleep there.

We all slept for a solid hour and a half.  Jeremy called me and as we talked, I softly said "Parker's party.  Parker's party."  Riley stirred, immediately got up, dressed and was ready to go.  Julia woke up easy and was excited about the party.  But she kept thinking we were going to the park and was confused that park was part of the kid's name.  So she cried as we walked into the building, but didn't stay crying very long!

We spent two hours bouncing on trampolines and sliding down bounce houses.  Julia loved it!!  She bounced almost non-stop.  Riley had lots of fun with her friends from school.  It was so cute to see them asking to play with her and watching them interact.  Sometimes Riley would lead and they would follow;  sometimes other kids would lead and Riley would follow.  They were all so kind to each other and respectful.  At the end, Riley thanked both of the parents and the grandparents without having to be asked to say thank you.  I thanked her for being so thankful.  Then she thanked me and told me she was using her very best manners.  I was a proud Mommy!

Julia cried all the way home because she did not want to leave!!  She had a blast.  Our subdivision had reserved the water park near us for the night from 6:30 - 10:30.  Totally free of charge to us!  Well, except for the fact that we pay HOA dues yearly and that goes into it.  But it would normally be well over $100 just for us to go and it was free!

We'd talked about going, but hadn't been sure if we really wanted to do it the night after getting back from vacation.  But we were all sweaty from bouncing and the girls were up for going so I talked to Jeremy and he was on his way home.  So I made them a quick pasta dinner, got them dressed in their suits, covered in sunscreen and just a little while after Jeremy got home, we headed to Hawaiian Falls.

The girls weren't really sure what to expect.  Once they saw the water slides and pools and everything around them, they both had huge smiles and were ready to go!  We found a spot to put our things and then headed toward a shallow pool area right by the little kid's slides and water jungle gym area.  Julia was totally satisfied just sitting in the water and splashing everywhere!  Riley wanted to go down the huge slides so badly, but wasn't tall enough.  So we got her used to it by taking her up the stairs - which had tons of heavy water pouring down on them so you got super drenched - and I went down the twirly green slide with her.  Very short and fun and got her used to it all.  She loved it!!!  Julia watched a few times and wanted to do it.  As soon as she went down, she was jumping up again and turning around to do it all over again.

Then Riley said she wanted to do one of the larger slides for kids her age.  So we went up together only to find out that she had to go down all by herself.  She was like "Ok!" so she watched a few kids go and then went down herself.  She did fabulous!!!  Normally hates having water in her face and her eyes and had no issues at all at the water park.  So I went down the slide following her and then repeated the process a few times.

I had the 'great' idea that we should all go on the lazy river.  Not sure what I was thinking would be so 'great' about it.  We got lifejackets on both girls.  I attempted to hold Julia and get into an inner tube.  Ended up sending the inner tube flying into a lady next to me.  Felt horrible about that!  So a lady was getting off a tube and I asked her if she could hold Julia for me.  Like "Hi Stranger.  I need your tube.  Could you hold my toddler while I try to get on it without moving down the river without her?"

Thankfully she gave me Julia back and Jules and I headed down the river.  Jeremy and Riley were not having as much luck.  Riley didn't quite fit in the tube by herself and was laughing that she could float from her lifejacket!  Jules and I are floating away and they can't seem to get into the tube.  Finally I held onto the wall (a no-no, but I wanted to make sure we could find each other!).  Down the river comes Riley sitting tall on top of Jeremy who is like "whose idea was this??"  :)  We had a peaceful time down the river.  Though getting off the inner tubes was exciting too - holding Julia while shoving myself forward and keeping her above water.  Of course, I sent the tube shooting behind me, but thankfully, there wasn't anyone there.

We got ice cream for a buck, had some chips and a hot dog and played a little more in the water.  The girls had a blast and again, Julia cried all the way home because she didn't want to leave.




Comments

Popular Posts