Just Keeps Getting Better

Today was fabulous!!  Last night Riley woke me up at 4am.  She's woken me up the last four nights.  Though it has been at 2am the other three nights.  She had some medicine (Advil) and some water.  She was very restless and I stayed with her all night.  Four nights of little sleep makes for a tired Mom, but I couldn't be more thankful that I didn't have to work and that I could pace myself throughout the day without having to be 'on' like I do when I'm teaching.

This morning we dropped Julia off at school.  She cried for a minute, but by the time I walked down the hall, I could hear that she was fine.  Only reason I'm sending her to school is that we leave on Thursday morning and if I get her out of her routine, she'll have a harder time.  Keeping her on her schedule means consistency and normalcy which will help in the next two weeks.  Riley and I went home and had a very special day together.

We played Cranium.  Then painted some pictures.  She called my Dad to wish him a happy birthday.  She even sang the entire 'Happy Birthday' song to him.  Was precious.  We ate lunch together and sat around talking.  She is so much fun.

In the afternoon, we went to several different stores to get odds and ends for the trip.  I have finished sewing Riley's doll, McKenna, a matching flower girl dress for the wedding and got her doll some shoes to match it.  We bought ribbon at Hobby Lobby to match Riley's sash so they will both be twins.  Had fun getting it!

Then we went to Pender's to pick up more piano books for my piano students that I will teach tomorrow.  We went to Stonebriar to get some more soap from Bath and Body Works, but they were closed?!  Renovations to the store.  Riley brought her money to the store due to this conversation:

Me:  You want to go to the mall with me? (as if she'd have a choice if I went, but I asked anyway)
Riley:  Yes.  But I will only go to the store if you buy me a dress.
Me:  Well, I won't be buying you a dress today.  We just need soap.
Riley:  But Mom, I'm outgrowing my 4's and needing to get more 5's so my dresses will fit and I don't have many.  I only have 12!
Me:  Well, that is plenty of dresses.  In fact, you have more dresses than I do!  I only have five.
Riley:  Oh.  Well how many does Julia have?
Me:  About 8.  And Madi has around that many too.  Maybe 6 or so.
Riley:  So I have the most?
Me:  Yes, you probably do.  And you are very blessed to have lots of pretty dresses so you don't need to buy another one.
Riley:  Well, I will go to the mall with you.  But I will bring my allowance money to buy my own dress.

Instead she found a Webkinz that she could afford at Justice.  Very excited about her new puppy.  She told me several times about items that she wanted "Woh.  That is too much money for a such a small thing!!"

We got some Dippin' Dots as it was so hot and we could split the itty bitty size together.  So we sat down, ate and chatted.  As I was watching her throughout the day, her eyes were getting very goopy and she was looking very tired.  So as we ate, I called the doctor to see if they could fit her in.  So we went at 4:10pm.




Comments

Popular Posts