A special day with Riley

Today I only had three piano students as the many others were at camp, on vacation or couldn't make it for whatever reason.  Julia was at daycare, Madi was at church camp and Riley was home with me.  So I decided to make it a special day for her!  I still had students for almost two hours this morning and a dentist appointment for myself in the afternoon, but there were three hours between them.  So off we went!

I asked Riley what she wanted to do today and gave her choices:  stay home and play whatever she wants to play or do whatever she wants to do, make American Girl doll clothes for her doll, or go to the mall.  She chose the mall.  I let her know that I had carousel tokens so she could take a ride on it.  And that I had a Justice gift card and we could check out the animals/clothing there.  She's a little too small still to shop there, but sometimes their size 6 clothes run small or tight so she can wear them with leggings or we can shrink them a little in the dryer :)

We drove out to the mall and we sang together in the car.  She was sooo excited!!  I let her decide where she wanted to first.  She chose Justice so we made our way there.  She found a little puppy and a little cat to buy - all of $10 for both which was great!  I found Madi some new clothes and got Riley a shirt.

We looked at the Disney store and Gymboree.  Went to the carousel and she decided that she didn't want me to stand next to her.  She wanted me to watch from behind the metal fence.  I helped her buckle the belt and then moved outside the little fence.  Ok - seriously??!!  When did she get so big?!  She was SO happy and proud to be able to do it herself.  I helped her off.

Then we went to Abercrombie Kids and got Madi some new tshirts.  Then went to Gap Kids and got Riley a bunch of new school clothes.  Love shopping for their school clothes when they are discounting summer things so much because the fall clothes are always too hot to wear at the beginning of the year anyway.  Gap Kids had 40% off clearance prices, Abercrombie had 50% off clearance prices and Justice had take 40% off and an additional 40% off clearance.  Needless to say the girls scored very well in the clothing department today!  Should be a nice surprise for Madi when she gets home from camp.

Next week on Wednesday we'll go to Old Navy.  I have a coupon for spend $50 and get $15 off.  And they have jeans for $10.  So we'll get a bunch of jeans and get the girls all set with pants.  Buy the next size up so they have growing room and a few that fit them now.

Riley and I got home to play with her new puppy and cat.  Ate a special lunch picked out by her - almond butter (no, I'm not allergic to almonds and loving it) and honey sandwiches with gogurt yogurts.  We seriously devoured them.  First time having almond butter and will definitely not be the last!!

Comments

Popular Posts