Giddy Up!

Busy day.  Partly my own doing as an over-achiever.  Partly my own doing as a "I need to get this done..." person.  Partly... ok it is all my own doing.  But made for a very productive day.

Julia woke me up at 4am this morning.  She was calling out my name repeatedly in the hallway and then when I got up (after finally realizing I wasn't dreaming anymore), she took my hand gently and said "Come on Mom!  Come with me Mom!"  So she led me to her room where she told me exactly where she wanted me to sleep, how she wanted to sleep on me and how she wanted the covers arranged.  Phew - good sleep coming...

For about two minutes.  Julia couldn't get comfortable.  So she popped out of bed and said "I be right back!"  Then proceeded to turn off her sound machine and her night light.  In pitch darkness, she says "I want to eat dinner.  I hungry."  I tell her it is four in the morning and it's time for sleep.  She responds with "Oh-tay"  (okay) and turns everything back on and climbs back into bed.  Was a very, very restless night.

After trying to sleep on one inch of the mattress and about to fall off, I finally lay down on the trundle bed hoping she won't wake up.  But she feels me move and leans over the edge of the bed to look at me.  She slips out of the top bed and says "Oh!!  I sleep with you down there!"  And climbs down next to me in the trundle.  Thankfully we were able to get an hour or so of sleep before waking up.

7:00am awake.  8:30am piano lesson to prep for.  So I get dressed, get Jules ready and packed for daycare, drive her to school, get back, get the girls going to breakfast and clean all three bathrooms - toilets, mirrors, shower.  Put in a load of laundry.  Then start my piano students until 10:00am.

Talk to my friend and while looking at the lawn realize how long the grass is.  Has been 10 days since I last cut it and it needs it.  Ugh.  I have one and a half hours until another round of piano students come.  I promised I wouldn't mow it ever again as I've done it all summer and it's hot and it'd be great if Jeremy could stop working weekends to help out with house chores like mowing, but he has work and filing that he's been doing for four months so I decide I can either complain about it (which I have only done ONE time!!  Seriously really good for me.  Ok - two now that I have blogged about it) or I can mow it myself.  So first I weed the beds in the front of the house.  Because they were full of weeds.  Again.  Cannot even count how many times I have weeded those things this summer.  I think the weeds are growing extra fast this year.

Get out the mower and decide to mow only the outside part that everyone else sees and let the backyard go.  But then realize that I'm already sweaty and smelly so I might as well do it all and do it right.  Finish the yard.  Take a shower.  Prep food for lunch for the girls and I.  And my next piano student arrives.

I have a 30 minute lunch break at 1:00pm and call my mom and eat at the same time.  Yup.  Multi-tasking.  And throw in a load of laundry and change out the other load to the dryer.  Start my next round of piano students that ends at 4:15pm today.  Put the other load in the dryer, fold the first load and take it upstairs.  Call the pizza place to order.  Finish the last row of the blanket I've been working on and tuck the final strands of yarn in.  Blanket finished - ta da.

Get Julia.  Pick up pizza.  Talk to Jeremy.  Check-in with him and find out that we have a dinner with his work tomorrow night.  First thought is - what do I wear???  Other thought - ummm babysitter???  So he calls his parents and they'll be coming out tomorrow night.  Sooo thankful!!

Feed girls.  Start night time routines.  Hand off Julia at 7:00pm.  Drive to the Colony Family Childcare Association to give a presentation.  Walk right in and find them totally ready for me.  They started the meeting early and finished all their business news.  So I talk and present and teach books/songs/games/activities for their daycares for an hour.  Then leave to come home at 8:30pm.

It is now 9:00pm and the day is drawing to a close.  Well, almost.  There is that one last load of laundry in the dryer to fold.  But I think it can wait until tomorrow.  Yes, yes, I know it can.

Comments

Popular Posts