New Bed Preparation...

Tonight is Julia's first night in her big girl bed.  When I put her down for her nap today, she climbed out over and over and over using the corner of her bed, swinging her legs over the sides and landing on her feet.  Then shouted out "Again!  I climb out again!!"  So it is definitely time.

I ordered mattresses from Weir's today sight unseen.  Sounds crazy, but we had done our research and knew what we were buying.  So rather than getting three girls in the car - after having done swim lessons, lunch and being right before naptime - I decided to just order them and ask to pick them up today.

My dad came by to stay with the girls.  Though I left Madi to babysit until he got there as I wasn't sure if he'd be able to do it.  She did a great job.  I went to the outlet, got them in the car and home.  Serta Perfect Sleeper mattresses.  Look great!  Then put all the car seats back in the car so we could go purchase the bedding today.

After Julia's nap, we headed to Stonebriar.  I had been looking at things online so that I knew prices and could make good choices on what we were looking for.  I had in mind some prices, but was ecstatic with what we got.  Our first stop was to Macy's because we had chosen to get the same mattress covers for Julia's beds that we have on Riley's bed.  Martha Stewart Mattress Covers are amazing!!!  Highly suggest them as they keep everything off the mattresses and wash incredible.

Problem was that online they were on sale for almost half off and in the store, they were full price.  And there was no way I was going to spend full price.  So I talked to the lady working there and shared that I had seen them online for much cheaper.  She asked if I could pull up the info on my iPhone.  Which I then did.  (Technology is amazing for things like this!)  I showed her the price and she matched it.

The girls were walking around looking for cute sheets.  Madi came upon these adorable sheets that were white with pink, green, blue and yellow circles on them.  Very cute pattern and they were in the clearance section.  Normally $55, but were marked half off according to the sign.  Best part was that they are a set.  When I paid, the lady was like "Ummm.... $5????  There must be something wrong with this."  So she scanned several times and double checked it and says "Sure is!  These are only $5 for the entire set!"  So I grabbed two more as I had already chosen two pairs so this way we have extras.  There is no way on earth we would find other sheet sets for $5!!

I called my parents immediately as I knew they would be looking for new sheets for their bedroom and they came right over to the mall to get their $12 King size sheet sets.  Crazy!

I also purchased a cute comforter pillow set for the top of Julia's bed that was half off.  Matches the sheets and will fit right along with her room.

Very excited to put it all together!!


Comments

Popular Posts