This is the stuff

One of my favorite songs right now is called "This is the stuff" by Francesca Battistelli.  Very much takes a snapshot of how I have been feeling.


This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use


So break me of impatience
Conquer my frustrations
I've got a new appreciation
It's not the end of the world
Oh Oh Oh

So what exactly is my 'stuff?'  Juggling three children all day every day while my husband is at work and spending weekends on his filing project.  Managing the house, the lawn, the shopping (that one isn't really a chore though unless it's to Walmart), the cleaning, the laundry, the mail.  Seriously junk mail is unbelievable and never seems to end.  Living in the Texas heat and feeling totally suppressed and stifled to the point of being ready to jump in the car and drive to a cooler state even if it is days away.  Dealing with a tween who won't stop talking, who is intelligent but has no common sense, can be thoughtful but is also selfish to the core and doesn't seem to understand that there are other people in this world outside of herself.  Dealing with a five year old who is very sensitive and feels stuck in the middle and can't wait to start kindergarten but wants to be a bigger kid who can do everything herself.  Dealing with a two year old who will not stay in her bed all night long, refuses to let me out of her sight, follows me everywhere and clings constantly.

This is the stuff that drives me crazy... yet this is the stuff that makes me realize how blessed I am.  Blessed to have kids who love me, talk to me, and want to be around me all the time.  So I must be cool enough to be around if they do those things.  I'm blessed to live in Texas for 9-10 months out of the year.  These next two months are the depressing months when you just can't do anything outside and we've had a fairly cool summer for us, but still.  So ready to get out!

As for all the chores, I am thankful to have a house to clean.  I'm thankful to have Scott's Lawn do our lawn and the fact that I just have to mow it and it is incredibly green and looks beautiful even if I do get covered in dirt and dust every week when I mow in 100 degree heat.  I'm thankful for laundry because it means that we could afford to purchase clothing and wear clothes that fit.  I'm thankful for mail because it means that our Post Office actually does get some things to us on time and in the right box.  *Note to self:  take pile of mail to our neighbor that was left in our mailbox yesterday!*

I'm thankful for shopping at Walmart and being able to price match and use coupons.  It means we save money and use our resources wisely.  I'm thankful to be home with the kids for ten weeks to love on them, spend time with them and watch them grow into amazing little people.




Comments

Popular Posts