Winter Fun

The girls woke up around 7:30 - 8:00am.  We started our day with breakfast in the Taj Mahal.  They loved laying on pillows and eating their food while we sat and chatted.  I asked if they wanted to play in the snow, but neither one was interested in getting cold so we played inside until Riley asked to go out.  Julia didn't want to go, but as soon as Riley mentioned it, she was ok with it.

Until we went outside that is.  It was freezing for Texas.  Riley immediately started with snow angels and running around.  Julia walked to the edge of the patio and said "It too cold.  I no play in the snow.  I want to go inside."  I was able to coax her to come into the snow and to touch it, but she had no interest in being outside in it at all.  So we went inside and got all warm.

Julia started crying and said that Riley pushed her so I looked at her wrist where she said she was pushed and it was all red.  Didn't think much of it and assumed it was from where Riley pushed and she bumped into something.  Then I noticed her feet had red splotches and her knees had red bumps all over.

Poor Julia.  She has giant hives again.  I have no idea where she got them or why.  Allergic to the cold?  The peaches she ate this morning?  Other than those two factors, nothing has changed.  I checked over her entire body and she had large patches of big hives under her arms.  So I called my mom to see if I should take her to the ER and she suggested benadryl first to see if I could get it to come down.  Which is what I would do for myself if I had a reaction.  Expected Julia to get very sleepy.

The hives stopped spreading but didn't go away.  They are just faint outlines compared to the darker red spots they had been.  Just glad they stopped spreading.  Julia ended up not taking a nap at all today.  She wasn't hyper from it, but we played non-stop and then went to the store to get food since we hadn't gone in over a week and were out of everything.

After dinner, I looked at her arms and noticed that she was getting more hives again.  Lots of them on her arms, back, and legs.  So we gave her benadryl one more time.  If they are not gone or are spreading in the morning, I will take her to the ER.

The girls were incredibly precious and so very well behaved today (minus the one push).  They played so nicely.  At one point, Julia was coloring and Riley was using her new stamp set.  I was able to do four loads of laundry and actually put them all away.

Riley said it was really cold outside as we got in from getting groceries.  She carried a bag to help put them inside and turned to go get more.  I told her that she could stay inside so she didn't get cold.  She tells me "Mom, I want to do caring for you.  I want to help you get the groceries in so you don't have to do it by yourself."  Then she even went to help get our trash cans up - though they hadn't come to get the trash yet.  She said she loves to help and followed up by helping put all the groceries away and put them in the right places.  What an amazing girl she is.

Julia sacked out on the way home from Walmart at 5:30pm and had a thirty minute nap.  Then ate dinner and was being so cute and funny.  I'll be sleeping in her room tonight so I can be close by her.  Praying the hives are gone and that she is healthy and happy in the morning.

Comments

Popular Posts