A Little Friend

My dad cleaned his pool out this afternoon and found a friend swimming in it that he thought he'd bring over to show the girls.  So he brought a box with a bunch of holes punched in the top and grass inside.  He made sure the friend was still alive before showing the girls.

So he took the box out to our backyard to show the girls the brightest green gecko I have ever seen.  They loved it.  All of us got to pet it.  Then it jumped all around, ran across my dad's pants and scurried around and went on his way somewhere.  We all froze where we were standing in the grass in case he was moving.  We couldn't find where he went and then we went ahead and moved inside.

Closed the door.  Took a few steps and Julia reached her arms up for my dad to hold her.  He started to pick her up, felt something crawling on him and dropped Julia on the ground. She hit her bum on the tile and her head on the wall.  Started to cry while my dad was doing this crazy awesome dance while trying to touch his back with his hands.

He realized the gecko was on his back and under his shirt.  I picked up Julia and cuddled her while I opened the back door.  My dad takes off his top shirt and asks me if I can see the gecko and to get it off.  I tell him that it's under his other shirt too.  There was just this lump of a gecko on his back.  So he rips off his tshirt and throws it to the ground which also caused his expensive $800 glasses to fall on the cement and one of the lenses fell out.

He's still dancing a little and the gecko is finally off of him.  Riley actually tried to chase the gecko and catch him.  I helped my dad get his lense back into the frame and he got his shirts back on.  Julia was still whimpering a little.  Later in the night she says "Grandpa, you drop me on the ground.  I hurt my head and my knee!"  She was probably totally scared because she didn't understand why he dropped her!

We all had a good laugh about it because it was a lot of chaos due to a little gecko.  So silly and so fun!!

Comments

Popular Posts