Close Call

This morning Julia and I woke up around 8am.  Felt good to sleep in!  She wanted to stay laying down with her babies so I got up and went downstairs.

Yesterday Riley decided to write Santa a letter back.  Since he sent Buddy the elf to give Julia a present and a letter as to why he couldn't make it to her party, Riley wanted to say thank you and to request that he bring new batteries for her remote controlled car.  She wrote a sweet note and we rolled it up and placed it in Buddy's hands to take back to Santa.   Riley also got very sad later in the day because Buddy had never come to one of her birthdays.  So we explained that Julia had asked and asked and asked about Santa coming and that must have been why Buddy was sent.  Thinking Buddy may make an appearance at her birthday this year...

I forgot about the letter being with Buddy and forgot about Buddy visiting until I came down this morning by myself.  Started my breakfast and looked over at the fireplace to see Buddy still holding the note and sitting in the same spot!!  AHHHH!!!  Total panic set in.  The girls could not see Buddy still there or they would have a lot of questions and wonder why the letter didn't get to Santa.

Very quickly, I picked up Buddy and the note and put them in a bag and snuck them upstairs to our closet.  Before going upstairs, I found three AAA batteries that were in our drawer and just prayed that they would fit inside the car.  Couldn't remember how many batteries or what kind were needed, but knew we had AAA batteries so I took a chance.

Julia and I then played puzzles downstairs, ate breakfast and spent time together.  It was very sweet.  Jeremy came down and looked at the fireplace.  A little puzzled.  I just smiled.  Riley noticed Buddy was gone and I said "You might want to see if Buddy left anything since you sent the letter."  Riley reached up on top of the fireplace mantel and found the three batteries!  I looked at Jeremy and said "Buddy is quite magical!"  He just grinned with a slight "I hope this works" look in his eyes.

We got the car out and Jeremy undid the backing on the car.  There were three AAA batteries needed and Buddy had left three AAA batteries.  So thankful!!!!  Riley was thrilled!!

The remote itself needed a different kind of battery that we also had.  Riley asked "Why didn't Buddy leave that one?"  Jeremy was quick on his feet and said "Well, you only asked for batteries for the car.  Buddy left you the car batteries!  We just had the remote batteries!"

Riley was thrilled.  She had a fun time playing with her remote car and we were able to smile knowing that the magic was still there.  Jeremy said something later about how I got lucky.  And I just smiled.  He was right!!

Comments

Popular Posts