My Running Buddy #1

Julia asked if I was going to run today.  I told her I was going to just hang out today and rest my body because that's important too.  Then Riley said that she really wanted to go for a run.  So I took her up on it.  Jules was sad because I knew that it would be difficult to keep up with her or I'd end up having to carry her.  Riley is old enough to just keep going so it's much easier.

We went out to do a short route - a mile lap around our sub.  Riley's favorite spot is what she calls "Circle round the ring."  There is a portion of the running trail in our sub that circles so that you can easily turn around at the end instead of having to circle in the grass or stop and turn around.  Riley loves to go on the circle round the ring.  We go opposite directions running around it and we high five each other every time we pass each other.

I thought she'd want to just go a mile, but we got to our house and she still wanted to go again.  Riley said "This is so much fun.  I mean it's good for our bodies and it's fun and it's just great.  I love it!"

Can't wait until Julia is a little older so that the three of us (and hopefully Jeremy will want to try it sometime too and do a family run!!) can be running buddies together.

Riley is incredibly fast and can just go and go and go.  She makes for a great interval partner because she'll run for a while, walk a short bit, run a while, then walk.  Beautiful day outside with my girl!

Comments

Popular Posts