Fun Family Weekend

This weekend was one of the best ever.  We got a ton of chores done - I mowed the lawn; Jeremy edged it.  Jeremy got his hair cut.  I took Julia grocery shopping.  She loves to go with me every weekend and I love the time with her too.  All the laundry is washed/dried/put away.  House vacuumed.  And we had our monthly date night out to Fireside Pies on Friday night.

Those things were all great.  And it felt awesome to get so much done.  But the best part of the weekend was our time with our girls.

We had family movie night last night and watched the movie "Beezus and Ramona."  One of the best movies!!!  We all laughed and cried.  Riley cried a few times during it and has such a tender heart.  Julia laughed several times and the girls sat very close together.  It was so sweet.

Church was amazing today.  Listened to Lee Strobel share his story and it's just an awesome testimony of how he went from Athiest to Jesus-follower in the course of two years due to researching if it really could be true that Jesus was who He said He was.

After church, I started folding laundry and Julia climbed into the laundry basket.  She tossed out a sock at me.  I started tossing the socks back at her and she giggled and laughed so hard.  So of course she started throwing more socks at me and I tossed them back.  Riley wanted to join in so she went upstairs and brought down another laundry basket and climbed in.  Soon the three of us were tossing socks around at each other.  Tons of laughter and tons of smiles.  Jeremy then joined in the fun too.

Half an hour later we were still going strong and laughing.  As Jeremy said "My face hurts from smiling so much!!"  The girls giggles were so contagious.  It was definitely my favorite time all weekend.

Riley read her books to me and did a fantastic job.  She's really an awesome reader.  Julia and I read books before we took a nap.  A three hour nap.  Ahhh... I'll be up late tonight as a result, but it sure was good sleep!!

We had a great dinner.  Riley got out the broom and dustpan without being asked and started to clean the kitchen floor.  Julia followed suit and swept with the other broom and the two of them cleaned the floor with a little help from Jeremy while I did dishes.  We thanked her for helping and she said "It's ok!  I thought of it myself!"  Love her giving heart!

This week is sure to be exciting, fun and full of great things!
Monday - Julia's three year check-up and gymnastics lesson
Tuesday - Piano students and Emma's birthday party
Wednesday - staff meeting and Zumba for Riley and Mom's birthday
Thursday - piano students and Julia's performance and Riley's birthday
Friday - ???
Saturday - Numana in the morning and Riley's birthday party in the afternoon

Looking forward to a great week!

Comments

Popular Posts