La Lobe

The one present that Riley asked for was to get her ears pierced.  Jeremy and I looked into quite a few sites to figure out the best way to do it.  Lots of people go to the mall and pay $10 at Claire's to have it done.  Have read a ton of bad reviews about doing this as well as reasons why it is not the way to have it done.  So that was a definite no.

Tattoo parlors are inspected by the Health Department and are a 'clean' place to go, but who knows what the environment would be like so another no.

Jeremy's coworker recommended a place at Preston Center and it was also on tons of Google Searches.  La Lobe.  The lady that works there has been around since 1966 and has owned the place since 1988.  She has the reddest dyed hair ever and is very particular.  Perfect!!

I called this morning on my way home from my haircut and they actually had openings so we jumped at the chance to do it!  Having never had my ears pierced either, I had talked with Riley and told her that I would have mine pierced when she got hers done.  Julia was exhausted so Jeremy stayed home with her so she could nap.  We went down to Preston Center in Dallas to have it done and were home before she woke up!

We prepped Riley by talking to her about what they would do and that it would hurt a little. She was okay with that.

When we got to "La Lobe," they showed us the cabinet of earrings that you choose from for your first set.  Riley knew immediately which earrings she wanted.  Never wavered.  Love that!!  The only question she had was what the difference between two of the earrings were.  The answer was that one set was larger.  She went with the smaller set.  I went with the same set, but mine was white gold while hers is yellow gold.  Both have diamonds in the center.

They asked who wanted to go first and Riley immediately said she wanted to go!  They marked her ears with a blue marker.  Checked it several ways to make sure they were both even.  Then they had her sit on my lap and I helped hold her head and held her.  They sprayed some numbing spray on her finger, but she didn't like it so they did it without it the first ear.  Riley said a few times "Oh - it hurts!  It hurts a little!"  Then they got it in and she was all good.  No tears!

She turned around and this time they did the numbing spray and she didn't even wince!  She kept looking in the mirror and turning her head.

Then it was my turn and they used the numbing spray on both my ears.  Hardly a prick and they are done!

I told Riley that the earrings make her look so much older.  She replied that my earrings make me look older too!

After we got finished, we decided to stop by the American Girl Doll Store to do some window shopping and just look around at the new items.  We spent some time just wandering around and didn't buy anything, but it was definitely really fun time with her.

Happy Birthday again Riley!!!

Comments

Popular Posts