Common Phrases

I am always messing up phrases.  Case in point, I did it just yesterday.  Jeremy had the day off because I had to go into work to exchange my really crappy PC for a 15 inch MacBook Pro and an iPad 4.  Definitely not complaining and super super excited about the change!!!  Awesome equipment to teach with and I haven't even done it yet!  The two hour course was helpful and I can't wait to use it all.

When I got home, Julia kept annoying Riley because she was copying everything she was doing.  I thought I'd encourage Riley by telling her that Julia was really just showing how cool Riley was.  So I said:

Riley, did you know that copying is the highest form of imitation!!

Jeremy looked baffled and said "Um, Jess, don't you mean that the imitation is the highest form of flattery?"

Then I realized that I'd messed that one up too.  But I do think that it makes sense... sort of!  Ha!

Another moment this has happened is when I told a coworker that I wanted to "pick their ear" about something.  Got a really funny look.  Then told Jeremy about it and he laughed so hard and said "You confused two sayings.  It's either "pick your brain" or "bend their ear."

Guess I'm talented at this... what can I say?!  I keep Jeremy laughing that's for sure!

Comments

Popular Posts