Praying

Julia has started to pray at night.  She goes under her covers so that no one can hear and then tells me that she is going to tell Jesus a story.  Last night she said:

Dear Jesus,

Thank you for Riley, Daddy, Mommy, Uncle Jon, Aunt Allison, Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Jim.

Then she went on to tell a story with much inflection though I couldn't totally understand what she was saying.  She ended with "I love you.  The END!!!"

She always pops out from under her covers and says "Best Friends!" and gives me a huge hug.

Tonight I read her books and she pointed out that Sister Bear had Lizzie Bruin for a best friend.  Then told me "You are my best friend Mommy!"  I sure hope she feels this way as she gets older!  I definitely love being her best friend and her Mom too.

Comments

Popular Posts