September

Apparently this month was way beyond busy to even have gotten on here to blog!  School is in full swing.  This month is practically a blur as I've been waking up around 6am and going to bed when putting the girls to bed which means that I'm sleeping well, but I'm not up for anything except work, piano lessons, night time routines and prep for the next day.  I feel so old.  And boring.  But well rested!

Julia has had several transitions at school.  Has been through two substitute teachers and two full-time teachers.  Finally has a full time teacher in her classroom that has stayed longer than a week.  Has been frustrating and difficult to get her to adjust.  Her new teacher's name is Ms. Booma.  Julia loves her.  She is soft spoken and gentle with the kids.  What she doesn't like is the lady who does the cafeteria in the morning so drop offs have been terrible with tons of crying, grabbing my legs and crying out "Mommy!!!" repeatedly as I let her go so I can leave for work.  Doesn't make it easy to leave her and some days I just want to pick her back up, take the day off and forget about doing what I need to do, but I know I can't.  She's always happy when I pick her up so that has kept me going.

Jules is loving dance classes though she won't show us very many steps.  She and I spent time together taking a nice walk in the neighborhood and playing at the park this afternoon.  She giggled and giggled.  Was totally fun!

Riley and I had a special day yesterday.   I watched her at gymnastics and then took her to a special lunch at Cheesecake Factory.  She was such a big girl.  Ordered her water and her meal (with a small amount of help), but was so well-mannered and excited.  We found her some cute boots for fall as well as a new book, earrings and leggings that replace her old ones that have holes in the knees.  She's reading "Judy Moody" and in chapter books already.  Doing great!

Gymnastics has been amazing for her.  We're so impressed with how far she has come.  Her cartwheels are gorgeous and she is showing so much confidence.  They work her hard and some days she is tuckered out, but for the most part, she still has energy afterwards and is always happy to go.  We just purchased her competition warm-up suit, leo, and bag.  Her leo we bought from a friend and the rest has been ordered.  Her first competition will be in Mid-January.  She can't wait!  She has been practicing her skills and showing us what she has learned from her routines so far.

Jeremy is taking his turn fighting off a bad sinus thing.  I gave it to him after being sick for the last week.  It's not the worst thing to have, but it really drains you of any energy and you just feel uncomfortable and worn out all the time.  I took Tuesday off work last week and just laid on the couch all day.  I took a morning nap and watched tons of movies.  Would rather have been teaching for sure!

On Friday Riley and I got our flu shots at school.  She was a total champ!  No tears at all and happy to get a lollipop.  She even helped her friend Micah and helped him be brave when he got his shot too.  So proud of her helping him out and for taking it all so well!


Comments

Popular Posts