MAC Makeup

My makeup is all fairly gone.  All of it.  I've gone back to cheap makeup and find it just isn't doing the job.  It doesn't stay on, I have a breakout under my eye from the concealer I'm using and it seems to not look as well.  I had been using Laura Mercier, Too Faced and Naked Eyeshadows.  It's been good, but I've heard so much about MAC from different people so I decided to try it out.  I've always been intimidated by the store as it is always so incredibly crowded and they always seem so snobby.  Decided to get over my impression and called the store to find out how to have my face done.

They offered a free full face with a purchase of $50 in makeup as long as I made an appointment.  So I had an appointment today at 1pm and learned so much that I was doing wrong!!  And am incredibly happy with their products.  Thinking I may become a MAC snob myself (but a nice down-to-earth snob at that).

Here is what I learned today:

1.  Put eyeshadow on before doing anything else!  Use the liquidy base before applying main color.  Main color (bronze in my case) goes on with fairly thick brush).  Darker brown uses a different brush and you brush it from the outside of the eye towards the inside of the eye a few times.  But not all the way across unless you want a very dramatic eye look.  Then using the same brush as the main color, you dab the pink eyeshadow under the eyebrow.  Add eyeliner.

2.  To put on mascara, don't move the wand!  Hold the wand close - very close - to your eye and blink several times letting the eyelashes brush against it.

3.  Apply foundation next.  Put dabs close to nose and then brush out towards the outside of the face.  And up towards the forehead and down toward the chin.  This puts most of the foundation in the middle of the face and it blends outward making it so there aren't any makeup lines.

4.  Add concealer under the eyes.  Blend down and out.  Don't need a lot!!

5.  Put powder on.  Use a brush - big one - and only put it on cheeks, forehead (T-zone).  Don't need to put it everywhere!

6.  Add blush.  Only a few strokes are needed!  For night makeup, add a few more strokes.

7.  Put on lip gloss first!  Then put lipstick on top of it.

I was seriously doing it all backwards!!

One of the perks is that when six packages of MAC makeup are done, you take the empty/used containers to the store and you get a free lipstick!

Feeling quite confident and hoping I can copy the look that she did on me today with some practice!

Comments

Popular Posts