Happy Thanksgiving!

Today was a really great day.  We facetimed with Jeremy's family.  Then my parents took the girls to the airport to pick up Jon and Allison.  Jeremy cooked up green bean bundles and stuffing.  I went for a 3 mile run and soaked up our balmy 40 degree weather.  Then we headed over to my parents house.

It was so great to spend time with Andrew (my cousin), Jon and Allison.  Allison looks absolutely adorable pregnant.  She's around 6 months along and too cute.

We ate a wonderful meal, spent time chatting and the girls entertained us by stringing stuffed animals from their balcony and then batting them back and forth.  We held a mini baby shower for Jon and Allison since we won't be able to get out to RI before the baby is born.  Lots of cute baby clothes!

Riley shared that she likes Christmas better than Thanksgiving.  My mom said "Because you get presents?"  She answered "No!  Because it's Jesus birthday!"  Later in the car I asked the girls what they were thankful for.  Julia answered "My Daddy, My Mommy, Jesus and Riley."  Riley answered "That I'm friendly to strangers and to animals.  I like the stars, the moon, etc..."

What a really great, low-key day of Thankfulness!!

Comments

Popular Posts