First Month Goal Review


One month complete!  So how am I doing on my goals?  

Goals for 2014:

1 -  It has been fun to find friends and family to send emails/cards/letters.  Nice to say thank you, you're loved and you're special. There are so many people that are amazing in my life and it's been an easy one to do!

2 - I can't go to Orff Level 2 until the summer of 2014, but I am working towards starting my Master's and this will be part of it.  Praying that it works out. 

3 - There is a meeting at SMU this Monday night at 7pm that I'll be attending to get more information on applying for my Master's Degree.  Application is due in early March!  I've taken videos of my teaching during class as well as photos and getting together the necessary items for the application.

4 - There are brilliant authors who have written beautiful books.  Finding my list is growing each week and may have to add on to what I'm hoping to read.  Reading is one of my passions (as well as Jeremy's) and finding that our girls feel the same way.  Picked up a book for each girl yesterday and then listened to Jeremy reading with Riley and laughing so loud together.  Made my day!  Finished four books this month and still working on 'Gone with the Wind.'  Wow - that is a long book!!  But loving it.  Now to watching the movie again.

Books Completed:
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Three Men in a Boat by Jerome Klapka
Bread and Wine by Shauna Niequist
Things Pondered by Beth Moore
Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell - 86% finished


5 - One of my challenges - spending less $$.  I gave myself $50 for fun money.  Should clarify.  $50 is 'fun money' that buys any needs that arise as well as any extras that I just want.  Doesn't go very far.  I did spend less than I normally do each month which is a plus. Though I did find that I spent over $50 for myself by about $20.  I was much more controlled in my nickel and diming but will have to work harder to meet this goal next month.

6 - The commission chart for the girls is going very well! They have just been saving their money and not spent a dime of it. 

7 - Exercise two days a week has been an easy feat and I feel so much better.  Doing workout videos with a friend as well as some workouts on weekends.  I found some amazing videos on YouTube that I love!  Highly recommend the following:

Jillian Michaels:
Banish Fat Boost Metabolism - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTT4W8ygJ7w

Tae Bo Billy

Denise Austin 
Upper Body Sculpt Workout - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-J0SPl6kxQ
Pilates Workout: Lower Body - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s24co_ExiUU

Tracey Mallett:  
Booty Barre Abs and Flexibility Workout - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k661WPg62wQ



8 - We haven't talked about where we'd like to go this summer, but hoping it works out even for a short weekend!

9 - I'm loving the Money Saving Challenge!  We have a jar where we saving up and it's been exciting.  I chose to save in the opposite direction and start by saving the larger amounts at the beginning of the year.  So I saved $52 the first week, $51 the second, $50 the third and so on.  When I've had a chance to add more $$, I have.  We have saved a total of $273 in the month of January.  

To see the challenge, click here:

10 - Do our second annual "Kindness Advent" in the month of December.  December is 10 months away so this will happen later in the year.

11 - The downstairs bathroom is still as ugly as ever... thinking this one will wait until a ways into the year when I have more time.

12 - I haven't signed up to attend a women's bible study at church yet.  Summer courses will work really great!

13 - My mom and I cooked a delicious meal this month.  (if I do say so myself)  Looking forward to cooking more!

14 - This one is embarrassing.  My goal is to pray for a particular person(s) each day of the week all year.  I do pray for others and I do spend time in prayer.  However, I did not specifically pray for particular people every day of every week.  To help change my habits, I am putting a list of who I am praying for in my phone, on my corkboard at work (just listing names next to days behind my desk), in a note inside my Jesus' Calling Devotional in my desk at work, and at home on my nightstand.  

I'm finding that I need to be reminded as this has not been a habit.  Now I need to build it to be something that is a part of my life.

OVERALL:  Loving the year and working towards being healthy, Godly, others-minded and financially wise.  Looking forward to February!

Comments

Popular Posts