Reviewing Goals

Here were/are my goals for this year... can't say that I've honestly worked towards a ton of them as life threw us a major curveball and God had other ideas in mind.  Which was completely amazing and so worth it.  Some years your goals line up with what happens in life and other years the goals don't seem to be what was in store.  Had I known what was coming, I would have set other goals.  But I like it this way because life just happened and I can see that God had better things planned than what I had in mind.

Goals I should have had:

1) Interview and teach three classes for new job in May, receive call two days later with job offer, put house on market two weeks later and sell it above asking price within 15 hours and then close on new home within a month later.

2) Paint entire interior of new home within one week

3) Finish Level III Orff in San Antonio

4)  Travel to San Diego, CA for AOSA National Conference

5)  Teach middle schoolers... best job in the world!!!!!

6) Downsize to a home 1000 sq. ft. smaller and love it more than the larger home we used to have

7) Pay off all of our debts the day after closing on our new home

8) Begin saving again in the bank purposefully

9) Continue Grad school at SMU and learn that I love theory more than I ever knew while at the same time being incredibly challenged... and maintain a 4.0 GPA at the same time while undergoing tremendous job change and moving

10) Get rid of over half of my clothing and realize that I never needed that much in the first place.

11) Spend more time with my girls each day because they're growing up faster than I ever believed could happen

12) Move 12 minutes away from Jeremy's work and 5 minutes from mine... biggest blessing ever!!

13) Go to my Lee University Reunion for Ladies of Lee 50th in Cleveland, TN

14) Have family pictures taken

15) Eat at Whiskey Cake or Seasons 52 as much as possible.


Here's a highlight of the goals I did set and how incredibly different they are than what has actually happened this year:

1.  Date night at a different restaurant each month
January:  Whiskey Cake
February: Seasons 52
Two months... though we did go to Seasons 52 several more times :)

2.  Use our Vitamix to make breakfast smoothies at least two times a week - worked until we moved :)

3.  Take Mommy/Daughter dates out with each girl - 6 dates for Riley and 6 dates for Julia through the year - have taken each girl out one time each

4.  Exercise twice a week - LOL!!!  maybe twice this year??!

5.  Read books that I love and leave books unfinished that I don't love... and work at being ok with the fact that I didn't finish them. - YES

6.  Send in tape/recording of my choir and/or Orff ensemble to perform at TMEA - Recorded them and then switched schools

7.  Submit application to be a presenter at TMEA - Nope... next year going for it!

8.  Create illustrations for my music book - um haven't at all

9.  Write ten Orff arrangements for my students.  Students perform at least three of them. - students performed two at former school in the Spring.  Need to compose and arrange and teach more of them!

10.  Declutter and keep from filling it back up.  Particular areas of focus:
my closet and dressers, hallway closets and the closet under the stairs... YES!  Decluttered so much more than I even thought I'd do because we moved

11.  Try one thing each month that I have pinned on Pinterest - um no

12.  Save $160 a month - better yet we paid off ALL our debt and are saving more 

13.  Kindness Advent in December focusing on specific families... soon to come!!
(Clausen, Caldwell, Martin, Hill, Hosford, Townsend, Funkhouser, Ramos, Johnson, Neely...)

14.  Take one overnight trip as a family - local or far away... Gaylord anyone?  That was a disaster we have many hilarious and not-so-great stories about.  Here's to better vacations this year in 2016

15.  Personal resolution - something incredibly meaningful to me but that I'm not comfortable putting into cyberspace... I'll let you imagine the possibilities :)... I've completely confused myself.  This was obviously so meaningful that even I don't know what I was talking about here.

Comments

Popular Posts