Towels in the Hamper

After Riley took a shower, she put her towel on the carpet and left it there while we had dinner.  I found it after dinner and brought it out to the laundry in the laundry room while asking her, "Riley, after you take a shower, where does your towel go?"  She responded with, "Oh, sorry!!"  I sarcastically said it didn't go there and asked her again to tell me where it goes.  Riley said, "In the hamper."  I then asked her if she knew what happens when we leave wet towels on carpet.  She said she wasn't sure.  I told her that it makes the carpet wet and it's not good for it.  Jeremy continued the conversation with more details..."it makes the carpet get all moldy and mildewy and smells like old people."  Riley then said, "So it smells like Grandma and Grandpa?"  (lol!!)

Jeremy clarified what he meant by 'old people' and Riley said, "Oh that makes more sense.  I was about to say that Grandma and Grandpa smell good!"

Comments

Popular Posts